"He continuous to be the leading edge in the industry by continuing as a practicing Facilitator."
Selected creative achievements:
- Creating his own Structured Facilitation Techniques - FAST and FoCuSeD™ - a revolution from FAST.
- Becoming the leading facilitator trainer - having his facilitation technique used widely around the world.
- Providing Facilitator training and coaching since 1985 - training more Facilitators worldwide in structured facilitation than just about anyone else.
- Creating alumni who are amongst the most successful and influential Group Facilitators and Leaders - most attributing their success to what they learned in his classes and, the successful growth of Group Facilitation in Northern Europe is directly related to his alumni.
- Implementing his group facilitation technique at numerous companies, including some of the largest in the world.
- Influencing thousands of companies because of the consulting firms that he trained who use Group Facilitators with their clients.
- Writing and publishing numerous "how to" books.
- Becoming a Thiagi Certified Trainer enhancing his FoCuSeD™ Facilitator training through effective, highly interactive learning activities.
- Developing and delivering many different classes plus numerous one-off classes for refresher training and user group training.
- Successfully trained numerous Group Facilitators to teach his "FAST Session Leader Workshop" class.
"His alumni are amongst the most successful and influential Group Facilitators and Leaders; they often tell us how much Gary has changed their lives."
In January 2004, Gary sold to Morgan Madison & Co. the "non-exclusive" rights to reproduce the FAST and FORM class materials only and use them to provide The FAST Session Leader Workshop class - subject to royalties from 2004 to 2009. Gary trained Terrence Metz - 1999 FAST Session Leader Workshop class alumnus of Morgan Madison & Co. "how to" teach his FAST Structured Facilitation Technique to provide FAST public and in-house Facilitator training as of June 2004 as "MG Rush Performance Learning" a division of Morgan Madison & Co. (not affiliated with Gary Rush, IAF CPF).
In June 2004, Gary ceased operations of MG Rush Systems now MGR Consulting to pursue his dream of becoming a restaurateur - "MG Rush" dba Miracles Restaurant in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico. In 2005, after a one-year absence, he returned to consulting to continue his legacy as a recognized leader in the field of Structured Facilitation and Group Facilitator Training, but because he had consented to the use of the name "MG Rush" to Terrence Metz of Morgan Madison & Co., he changed his company name from MG Rush Systems to MGR Consulting. In 2007, Gary created FoCuSeD™ facilitation and the FoCuSeD™ Facilitator Academy - the 1st Holistic Facilitation Technique.
In 2006, the International Association of Facilitators (IAF) awarded Gary the IAF Certified™ Professional Facilitator (CPF) designation. In 2007, he became an IAF CPF Assessor, was nominated IAF Incoming Chair, and from 2008 - 2011, he Chaired the IAF.
Gary values what he does because he believes that the power and wisdom of people can change the world through Facilitation as his company mission states, "Leading Innovation 'n Collaboration thru Facilitation" - making Facilitation a way of business. Besides his family, his passions are cooking and making a difference in the world by encouraging "innovation 'n collaboration thru facilitation". He envisions a collaborative society that respects individualism and embraces diversity.
September 2016 - "We hired Gary Rush at Aetna to provide training to our Enterprise Business Architecture team in 2011. I also individually attended his facilitation training in the late 80's/early 90's, worked as an independent consultant professional facilitator for many years, and earned a Certified Professional Facilitator (CPF) designation through the International Association of Facilitators (IAF). I highly recommend him as a trainer. He is a recognized leader in facilitation, and has adapted and responded to evolving changes in the business climate."
Nancy, Architect Advisor O&T: EA Business Architecture (FAST Session Leader Workshop by Gary Rush, IAF CPF & FoCuSeD™ Facilitator Academy alumnus)